AJK President Meets Top UN Officials On Worsening Situation In IIOJ&K
The President of Azad Jammu Kashmir, Barrister Sultan Mehmood Chaudhry, met senior United Nations officials Monday and briefed them about the deteriorating situation in the Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K), according to informed sources. During his visit to the UN, he held separate meetings with the Assistant Secretary-General for the Middle East, Asia and the Pacific, Department of Political and Peace-building Affairs (DPPA), Khaled Khiari, and the Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights, Ms. Brands Kehris, The AJK President apprised the ASG Khiari on the fragile peace and security situation in South Asia in the wake of increasing Indian oppression of the Kashmiri people and leadership, the sources said.
Shabbir Shah Condemns Confiscation Of APHC Office In Srinagar By Modi Regime
In IIOJK, a detained senior leader of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference (APHC) Shabbir Ahmed Shah strongly condemned the confiscation of APHC office in Srinagar by the Modi regime. In his message from Tihar Jail, Shah termed the move as part of the BJP regime’s sinister agenda to silence political dissent in the territory. He made it clear that such tactics by the Modi government could not deter the Kashmiris from pursuing their cause for which they had rendered matchless sacrifices. Referring to the anger and anti-India sentiments in Kashmir, he said the Modi Regime can confiscate public properties but it cannot suppress the Kashmiris’ spirit for freedom.
India Cannot Scratch Freedom Sentiments From Hearts, Minds Of Kashmiri People
Senior APHC leader, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has said that Modi-led fascist India cannot scratch freedom sentiments from the hearts and minds of the Kashmiri people by attaching Hurriyat offices, houses, and properties of pro-freedom leaders and activists in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir. According to Kashmir Media Service, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in response to the attaching of APHC office by the Indian occupation regime in Srinagar said that Hurriyat is the manifestation of the political, social, and cultural will of the people of Jammu and Kashmir, acknowledged as the right to self-determination by the United Nations. The strike was observed in Muslim-populated Sunjwan, Bathindi, and Malik Market areas
RSS Imposing Hindutva Agenda Through Waqf Board In IIOJK
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh is in the driving seat in India and is advancing its Hindutva agenda in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir through the so-called Jammu and Kashmir Waqf Board, administered directly from New Delhi. The Waqf Board has issued fresh instructions regarding the usage of public address systems which is likely to hit the centuries-long tradition of wa’z and khutba in mosques, shrines, and khanqahs across the occupied territory. Without naming pro-freedom discussions and speeches, in the notice, the Waqf Board said, the Public Address System of shrines, khanqahs, and mosques “are being used unauthorisedly to raise sensitive issues and stir controversies”.
Ladakh Was Better-Off With Pre-2019 IIOJK: Leh-Based Activist
Leh-based activist Sonam Wangchuk has said that seeing the current situation in Ladakh he thinks that the people of the cold desert region were better-off with pre-2019 Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir. Sonam Wangchuk, who on Monday completed a five-day fast to safeguard the glaciers, mountains, land, and people of Ladakh by demanding the region’s inclusion under the Sixth Schedule, in one of his video statements on Twitter said, “I didn’t think I would ever say this, but I am saying that we were better off with Jammu and Kashmir than today’s UT [Union Territory].”
Today,s Social Media Theme
- India is taking a cue from the Israeli playbook to further its settler-colonial agenda in IIOJK
- India & Israel are increasingly cooperating to coordinate their tactics of occupation
- Modi has taken a leaf from Israeli playbook to suppress the freedom movement in IIOJK
- Narendra Modi is following the line of Netanyahu in grabbing Kashmir
- Modi regime has started grabbing Kashmiris’ land & properties in the name of an anti-encroachment drive
- Snatching Kashmiris’ land: Modi regime is adopting Israeli methods of repression in IIOJK
- Latest land eviction drive in IIOJK is yet another manifestation of the colonial-settler mindset of the Modi regime
- Evicting locals from the lands which have been under their possession for generations is meant to colonize Kashmir
- Modi regime’s persecution tactics in IIOJK are the same resorted by Israel in Palestine
- Changing the demography of IIOJK is what Israelis suggested to India
- Hindutva India & Zionist Israel, both are committing crimes of apartheid against Muslims
- Close military cooperation between India & Israel is a danger to humanity & world peace