WHO WE ARE
According to section 3 (1) of the Jammu &Kashmir Liberation Cell Act, the objectives of J&KLC are:-
- To project the Kashmir issue at National and International levels.
- To take steps for the accession of the State of Jammu & Kashmir to Pakistan.
- To arrange publications on the history of the Kashmir Liberation Movement.
- To project Human rights violations in Indian Held Kashmir.
- To work as a think tank on the cause of liberation of the Indian part of the state of Jammu & Kashmir and formulate policies on matters regarding the issue and
- To undertake such other matters as may be assigned to Cell by the government.
Mr. SARDAR TANVEER ILYAAS KHAN
Honorable Prime Minister Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Chairman)
A member of the legislative assembly of Azad Jammu & Kashmir to be nominated by chairman
Mr. Muhammad Usman Chachar
Chief Secretary GOAJ&K (Member)
Mr. Amjad Pervaiz Ali Khan
Secretary S&GAD (Member)
Mr. Asmatullah Shah
Secretary Finance GOAJ&K (Member)
Mr. Aijaz Hussain Lone
Secretary Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Commission (Member)
FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD
- The board for carrying out the purposes of the ordinance shall have the powers to make policies and set up committees and institutions etc.
- Subject to the general policy and direction of the board, the powers of the board may be exercised by the chairman or any officer or authority by him on this behalf.