Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Cell was established in 1987 by government of Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
According to section 3 (1) of Jammu &Kashmir Liberation Cell Act, objectives of J&KLC are :-
- To project Kashmir issue at National and International level.
- To take steps for accession of the State of Jammu & Kashmir to Pakistan .
- To arrange publications of history of Kashmir Liberation Movement.
- To project Human rights violations in Indian Held Kashmir .
- To work as think tank on the cause of liberation of Indian part of state of Jammu & Kashmir and formulate policies on matter regarding the issue and
- To undetake such other matters as may be assigned to Cell by the government.
According to the section 4 of Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Cell ordinance, Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Cell board was established. The board shall consist of the following:-
- Honorable Prime Minister Azad Jammu & Kashmir – Chairman
- A member of legislative assembly of Azad Jammu & Kashmir to be nominated by chairman – Vice Chairman
- Chief Secretary GOAJ&K – Member
- Secretary S&GAD – Member
- Secretary Finance GOAJ&K – Member
- Secretary Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Cell – Member / Secretary
Functions of the Board :
- The board for carrying out the purposes of ordinance, shall have the powers to make policies and set up committees and institutions etc.
- Subject to general policy and direction of board, the powers of the board may be exercised by chairman or any officer or authority by him in this behalf.
- Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Cell Secretariat Block 5, Chattar Domel, Muzaffarabad.
- Directorate at K-Block New District Complex, Muzaffarabad.
Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Cell Centers :
- Kashmir Center Rawalpindi (media Wing)
- Kashmir Center Lahore (Research & Development wing)
- Kashmir Center Karachi
- Kashmir Center Mirpur